Sunday, January 01, 2006

Here we go! 2006!


Here we go! 2006! Yea! I had to start the New Year off with this pic. See, I do have a soft side! This pic is from my wife & I renewing our vows recently. I had to throw this one in. It's my favorite of 2005 & I thought it would be a great way to launch 2006!

I don’t know about you but for me I can tell you that even with everything I had going on in my life 2005 flew by pretty darn quick! I believe that this was the second shortest year I’ve experienced. The only shorter year that I’ve had was 2004 when I spent the whole year on the road and ran pretty much non stop. I will say that this year was definitely the shortest Holiday/Christmas season that I’ve ever had. Christmas was here and gone before I knew it!


As I look forward to year ahead I continually hear the Lord reminding me of the promise of Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” I am also drawn to what Jesus said in Matthew 7:7-11 "Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks. You parents--if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! If you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.”

I really feel the plans the Lord has for me for this year are really pretty simple. I need to keep on asking, seeking, and coming (knocking) to the Lord. In doing this I need to remember his promises that he has for me. 2005 may have ended in a bad way, but now that I have the Lord’s plan for my life for 2006 the future is really getting brighter, fast!

I know that seeking will be a big part of my life in 2006. I’m seeking to stabilize my Bipolar disorder. I’m seeking wisdom through the studying of God’s word, in particular the “Wisdom Books” such as Psalms & Proverbs. And I’m seeking knowledge through me going back to college. If I will do these things all the while seeking to God’s will through my life in general and being the husband and father the Lord has called me to be I know I’ll have a great 2006!

It’s up to me. The Lord has opened the doors for me. The year ahead is only as bright as I will make it. That’s one of the nice things about the way the Lord loves us, he makes everything we need available to us. All we have to do is follow His will in our lives.

I hope and pray that you too will have a great year!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

3 comments:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

That was inspriational, especially the pic!! (I miss my hubby and I'll keep on asking) -Katie.

"Life's too short to be a lemming" -Kat Powney

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Very good, Katie... Katie Kitty invented a new word: inspriational. I dunno what that means, but I like the sound.

Anonymous said...

Scott,
Knowing you all my life. I am very tough by your Blog. Jesus does work miracles. I also suffer from Bi-Polar and I know what it is like to have to live day to day with the disease. Take care and many wonderful blessings for you and your family. Love your sister in Christ. Diana