Sunday, January 15, 2006

Here We Go Again!!!

Here we go!  I’ve taken a couple of days off from blogging as I’ve been trying to get a balance in my life with my new meds and such.  Add to that I really didn’t have anything intelligent to say and I figured I could use the break!  I know, I know, it was hard not having my wit and insight pouring into your life for those all to long days, but never fear, I am here!  That was pretty good, I mixed satire & poetry together in that last sentence.  See, I’ve still got it!  He he he!!!

Anyway, I’m starting to do a whole bunch better in the mornings since my Pdoc (psychiatrist) took me off of the ADHD meds she had me on and put me on something a whole bunch nicer and more agreeable with my system and especially my brain!  I tell you what now, some of those morning hangovers stunk!  I was really getting tired of waking up with my eyeballs feeling like they were going to explode and migraines out of this world!  Added to that some days I would walk around most of the day with my head and my brain in a funk!

The new meds combo actually has a stimulant in it to give my brain a kick in the morning to help it hit on all cylinders.  The goal here is to get rid of the “blondeness” that I would get sometimes when I would get hypo-manic.  I used to get all wound up and I would “totally go spacey” sometimes.  Others would find it quite humorous at times but it made it hard for me to get any work done when my wife had to peel me off the walls and ceilings so to say!  Hey!  Now I can get wound up (hopefully) and still have all of my faculties!  When that happens the world had better beware!  I might just try to conquer it!

I don’t know why but I feel like the Lord has been putting on my heart to learn more about Israel and its people.  I don’t have a clue why, but I do find it interesting following day to day what is going on in the Middle East.  Here’s a little known fact about Israel.  Israel has a higher abortion rate then the United States if you can believe that!  I ran across a group called “Efrat” that is working to change that.  Efrat has an awesome ministry to the women that are in a crisis pregnancy in Israel.  Check them out at: http://www.friendsofefrat.org/.  Efrat has an amazing video on it’s website that’s a little over ten minutes long.  It is worth every minute you take out of your busy day to watch it!

Just a quick reminder… Billy Graham will be on TV with the New York Crusade Tuesday Night @ 7:00 p.m. on most ABC Stations (Channel 10 here in Wichita).  Check out BillyGraham.org to find out more!

School starts Tuesday!  I can hardly wait!  I’ve got a full course load this semester.  This will be the hardest semester that I’ve ever had.  When I get through this semester I should have cleared the hardest part of my college life which will mean clear sailing pretty much the rest of the way!  Get out of my way people!  Here comes the zaniest 43 year old sophomore you’ve ever seen!

Have a Great Week!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

1 comment:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Thanks for the friends of Efrat site...

I'm going to post a link to my page!!

Katie