Monday, January 02, 2006

Wracking My Brains!

Sometimes this blog is so hard to write that I sit here wracking my brains trying to think of something semi intelligent to write and all I get is frustrated. The there are those time like a couple of days ago when something triggers me and it’s just like the Holy Spirit comes down all over me and I write some thing that even blows me away. Now that you mention it this does sound a little bit like life doesn’t it!

Today has been the former where I’ve been wracking my brains to come up with something, anything! I’m like “uh God, I’ve got this blog to write & I’m kind of brain dead here. Would it be too much to ask Lord if you would give me just a little something?” That’s kind of how my life went the last couple of weeks of 2005. I was like “uh God, would it be too much to ask if something, anything, went right?”

I would ask if you’ve ever felt like that but that would be a silly question. Of course we all get to those points in our lives where we would just like something, anything to go right. I think that there are times in our lives when the Lord purposefully allows our lives to get that way so we don’t forget who’s in control and so we remember to in fact call out to God.

I know I did quite a bit of calling out to God and I know that the Lord did hear me. Psalms 34:17 says “The LORD hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles.” In addition we have the promise of Romans 8:28 “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” These are just two of the many, many verses that address this issue. In fact the book of Psalms is loaded with scripture such as this!

One example of God’s miraculous intervention is how we’ve been able to stay afloat with all of our bills with everything we’ve had going on. Loosing my great paying job back in October combined with my health issues has really tested our faith. Somehow we continue to squeak by & get at least our utilities & essential bills paid. Everyone else has agreed to wait until we get our income tax return to get paid. I tell everyone that we owe money to what our situation is and what I’m going to do and every last one has agreed to my terms. That is a miracle in my books!

One bright and shining star in all of this has been my wife. Every time without fail when I didn’t feel like going on or sometimes not even feeling like getting out of bed to go to church my wife has pressed on and lifted me up and got me going. I am so glad that Lord has put it on the heart of my wife and me to lift each other up. Last night my wife was hurting and I was able to lift her up.

Just as I talked about in my huge blog a couple of days ago I’ve been purposely going to my wife every day and asking her what’s on her mind. My wife loves me doing that and knowing that I actually do care what she is thinking and has to say. I truly believe that opening that line of communication with my wife will be one of the best marriage builders we’ve ever done!

I hope and pray your New Year is now off to a great start. My New Year ramps up tomorrow with the start of college. I’m taking some pre-term classes so I can bump my number of hours I’m taking this semester. How much time I’ll actually get to spend on this blog when college is in full swing is yet to be determined. But until then I’ll keep hammering away!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: