Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My Testimony

OK, I’ll try to keep this a little bit shorter then yesterday’s marathon blog!  For the last couple of days I’ve been hitting pretty hard on what I see happening with end time prophecy and such.  This time I’m just going to focus on what God has done for me.

I’ve been chatting online with others in the Bipolar community & I just had one person ask me about my “Rock.”  Here is what I wrote to her.

I found throughout the years of fighting this demon that I've been fighting for the past 25 years or so before I was diagnosed earlier this year that if I didn't have something solid in my life, one thing that was always constant that I could always count on I would be sunk.  I needed something or better yet someone that was always there for me.  I needed someone that always loved me no matter how bad I blew it.

I would definitely have some incredibly idiotic moments that just defied reasoning.  I can’t count the number of really great jobs that I’ve lost do to either manic mood swings when I would do something really stupid or I’d have a depression crash where I really didn’t give a darn and just not show up for work or whatever.  In 1988 I found that rock.  Or should I say that the Rock found me!

In October 1988 one Sunday afternoon after the last race of the year I stopped by a buddy of mines home to see what he was up to.  He told me he was going to church and told me to come along with him.  For some silly reason I did.  That night I started to see the real Rock.  One week later I found the real Rock.  I Found Jesus!

Granted it would be almost another seventeen years before I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and ADHD.  How I would have made it through those seventeen years without having the Lord in my life, protecting me, guiding me when I would let him, and most of all having someone I could come running back to when my world collapsed is more then I care to even think about.

Seeing everything that I’ve been through over the past 25 years I know it’s only because of Jesus that I’m still here!  Now because He was there for me I now am here for him.  This is the main reason I do my blog and chat with others online is to offer the hope that I now have to others.  I truly believe the absolute best thing that could ever happen to someone is to have a personal relationship with Jesus!  For those that have a mental or some other kind of disorder this is doubly true!

That’s a brief synopsis of my testimony.  I hope you got something out of it!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: