Friday, January 27, 2006

I Can Do It! I Can Survive!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  I can hardly stand it!!!  This unseasonably mild weather is giving me baseball fever that’s out of this world!  It’s in the 50’s & low 60’s here in Kansas this week.  We’re supposed to be having nasty blizzards, icy roads, kids staying home from school making snowmen and such.  But it’s not happening!  The weatherman is giving us perfect spring baseball weather.  What’s a bonafide baseballaholic suppose to do!

I’ve been on the boards over at www.umpire.org chatting with the other umpires from around the world.  Some of them are not much help.  I keep hearing from this guy in Southern California telling me how many games he umpired last week and the week before.  Hearing that only makes it a whole bunch worse!

I go to bed at night and I can’t sleep.  Somehow my mind drifts around and sooner or later I start thinking about baseball.  So much for getting to sleep any time soon!  I’m not saying I’m in trouble here or anything but I think that I’ve got my wife worried!

My wife and I were out on the town tonight for a little R & R.  I’m sure glad I’ve got a wife that loves me and has compassion on me.  At my wife’s choosing we went and had a nice little meal at a sports bar where we could watch basketball.  My wife knows I really enjoy basketball and my wife was probably thinking that if she could put basketball in front of me it might ease the pain a little.  Bless my wife’s heart, what a compassionate thing to do!

Just to show you how great and compassionate of a wife I’ve got after dinner she let me go to Gart Sports and look at the new baseball gear and stuff for 2006.  My wife even commented how handsome I looked in a new Nike baseball helmet!  How could I not love a wife that gives me compliments like that!

Six weeks, just six, long, agonizing weeks until the first pitch!  Last week it was seven, this week it’s only six.  I made it another week.  I can hang on.  I can do it.  I can survive!  By the grace of God I will prevail!

Oh, btw… Pittsburg over Seattle by 10!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: