Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Joys of Being Bipolar!

One of the joys of being Bipolar is that along with the down swings you also get some up swings.  Some times you just get all happy and giddy for no apparent reason.  That’s kind of where I’m at right now.  This is the second week in a row that has not been all that great but for some reason I’m still in a good mood tonight.

Tonight I had my computer mechanics class that I’ve been struggling in pretty bad.  Tonight we worked with Windows 98 which I actually have some pretty good knowledge with.  I took a different approach tonight then I have in the past.  I’m in a pretty small class with only about ten people in my class.  I’m also fortunate to have an instructor that demands class participation so I jumped in tonight and put my two cents worth in.  I figured if I’m jumping in and actively participating that I might actually absorb some of what’s being taught!

I had a talk with our realtor today, Steve, and I told Steve that I was majoring in Real Estate at college.  Steve turned me on to a couple of really great jobs in the mortgage business.  Steve said he’d be happy to put a good word in for me with two different mortgage brokers.  Steve and I have had a good business relationship over the years.  

When I was in sales Steve was one of my customers and likewise we bought our home through Steve.  Steve and I have always been on the lookout to send each other customers too.  Guys like Steve are great to have in your corner!  If anyone is looking for a house around Wichita here let me know & I’ll hook you up with a great realtor!

In reading Proverbs 24 tonight verses 23 & 24 jumped out at me.  “It is wrong to show favoritism when passing judgment. A judge who says to the wicked, "You are innocent," will be cursed by many people and denounced by the nations. But blessings are showered on those who convict the guilty.”  I’ve been talking about baseball lately and believe it or not this is one of the verses that I fall back on when I umpiring.  An umpire is basically a judge on a playing field.  This is one of the verses why I feel I call such an impartial game.  When I’m on that field calling a game I know that I am under the scrutiny of the Lord and the Lord demands that I judge in an impartial manner.

Speaking of baseball would someone please tell the weatherman that we need some winter weather?  Sheesh, it’s supposed to be in the low 60’s here tomorrow!  Man, I’m ready to play baseball!  This weather is driving me nuts!

Oh well, only SEVEN LONG WEEKS to the first pitch!  I hope I can make it and not drive my poor wife nuts in the process!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: