Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Just Ramblin On...

I’m sure glad that the Lord has been giving me something to write in my blogs the last few days because every time I’ve started out the last few days I’ve been blank. Here we go again. As usual I’m blank. Oh well, I guess I’ll write about what happened today and see what happens. I hope I won’t ramble on too bad.

I think I ate too many jalapenos this evening. My wife & I stopped to get a little snack at Taco Bueno. I had a B.O.B. (Big Ol Burrito). My wife just sat there in amazement as with every bite I put a jalapeno slice on before I took a bite. I ate a whole heaping condiment cup full of jalapenos with that burrito! I guess this would be a good place to praise God as I did receive a healing a couple of years ago of my hiatil hernia. Up till a couple of years ago if I would have done what I did tonight I would have had acid reflux so bad I would not have been able to lay down! Thanks You Jesus! Now I can enjoy my jalapenos again!!!

Hey! I’m “officially” a Shocker now! I finally got my admission completed and accepted to Wichita State! I still can’t enroll in classes though because I haven’t been accepted into the business program. I found out that I need to go see a business department head tomorrow and get their signature saying they think I’ll be a success and that yes I should be allowed to enroll in classes. If I have to jump through any more hoops I’m going to join the circus!

I can’t wait to go see my psychiatrist again! These meds hangovers in the mornings stink! I haven’t been drunk since 1988 when I got saved but I’m remembering what some of those mornings are like! Like I’ve said before, I’ve got a fantastic psychiatrist and I know that she will make the changes that I need so I won’t have these med hangovers anymore!

Praise God again! I found out today that I’m getting some more scholarships! The way my scholarships and grants have been coming I can’t afford not to go to college! At last count I’m getting four small scholarships and one big, fat grant! Thank You Jesus!

Only 10 short weeks until baseball starts again! I’ve been searching Ebay for a few things I need gear wise & I’m already getting geared up and ready to go! I can hardly wait until I get to step up behind and say “PLAY BALL!” Oh Yea! I get goose bumps just typing that out! I still haven’t found anything that matches the rush of standing behind a catcher and watching a 90 mile per hour coming straight at your face!

And finally…

I love the “Air1 Verse of the Day” today. Matthew 6:34 Jesus says “So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.” I know that is so true! The way I was running to and fro today I had all I wanted! It was all I could do today to just keep up with today!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: