Monday, January 16, 2006

Wow!

Wow!  I actually had a pretty decent day today for the first time in a long time!  I’m really starting to like my new cocktail (meds mixture) my Pdoc has me on now.  It’s still a little rough in the mornings but not near as bad as it was.  I caught myself doing something today that I haven’t done in a long time.  I caught myself remembering details!  I’m not sure who was more impressed, me (humbly of course) or my loving & easily amused wife!

I love my wife!  It is so nice to have a wife that sticks by your side even when you’re down.  It’s also nice having a wife that at least acts like she finds my humor at least somewhat amusing too!  I suppose when you have a husband that is both Bipolar and a cutup most of the time you’d better be able to roll with the punches!

Today I started getting back some of my old gusto, some of my old spontaneity, and it felt great!  My wife has been saying for the past couple of weeks that she felt like a part of me had died.  I knew in my heart that she was right as I could feel it too.  Today I was finally able to get back in gear and actually get some work done.  As my wife and I were running parts for the job I was doing today I told her “I’m actually doing something today and it feels good!”

OK, enough about me!  I was reading my Proverbs today and the very first Proverb of Proverbs 16 just jumped right out at me.  “We can gather our thoughts, but the LORD gives the right answer.”  Isn’t that the truth!  We can try and try to figure something out.  We may even believe that we’ve actually found the truth but until we find the Lord’s truth we don’t have the REAL truth!  I guess that’s why God gave us an “Owner’s Manuel!”

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

1 comment:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Glad you've got your "gusto" back!! That's scary...

“We can gather our thoughts, but the LORD gives the right answer.”

Perfect anecdote. Thanks!!