Friday, January 13, 2006

Ever Have One Of Those Days...

You ever have one of those days where you feel that why did you even bother to get out of bed?  One of those days where when you got to the end of the day and you total up everything productive that you got done that day and it totals up to a big, fat ZERO?!  Yea, I had one of those days today.  I woke up this morning & if I even tried to move my head shooting pain just shot through my head.  I laid in bed a couple of extra hours and waited for the pain to go away.

Well, the problem is then that I pushed everything back a couple of hours in my day which meant my schedule was thrown completely out the window.  Every time I tried to go do something I was already so far behind that nothing gelled.  Finally, about three in the afternoon I gave up today.  I threw in the towel.  I knew this day was sunk & I blew it!

I’m sure glad that we serve a God that gives us a second chance.  After totally blowing today I need that second chance for tomorrow!  Tomorrow has to go better.  I know tomorrow won’t be as bad as today.  I just don’t think God will allow two days like today to fall on me right in a row.

I did just think of one thing that I did right today though.  I gave today to God so he can give me a better tomorrow!  It is for that hope in Jesus that I have that I will get out of bed in the morning.  I’m going to get up, hold my head up (with the help of caffeine if need be), and start tomorrow in a much better attitude then I had today.  At least that’s my prayer I’m praying, so I can get up and do just that!

I do have one thing to look forward to for tomorrow.  I was able to get an emergency with my Pdoc (psychiatrist) tomorrow @ 10:00 a.m.  It is by the grace of God that I was able to get in with her tomorrow!  I’m still having some bad problems with my cocktail (mix of meds).  I sure hope tomorrow that my Pdoc will make some changes so I can get rid of this nasty meds hangover that I’ve had for the past three months!

The last three months have been pretty bad for me meds wise.  I’ve had a heck of a time getting up and getting going in the mornings.  It takes me forever to get up and get going.  And then the problem is by the time I really get wound up and going the day is already over.  Next, add to that by the times my meds are wearing off in the evening I wound up pretty good at night and I have a heck of a time then getting back to bed and getting to sleep!  Like my wife says, something has to change!  I’ve got a great Pdoc, I know she’ll make so good changes tomorrow!

I reading Proverbs Chapter 12 today, verse 24 really jumped out at me.  “Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave.”  I so much want to get back to work and school.  I know that the Lord is calling me to be a leader for his people.  I know the Lord is calling me to preach the Good News.  I’m looking forward to getting a balanced life with my Bipolar, meds, therapy, home & marital life, and school so that I can press on like the Word says in Philippians 3:13-14.  “But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

Today’s final Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.
The "NIV" and "New International Version" trademarks are registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office by International Bible Society. Use of either trademark requires the permission of International Bible Society.

No comments: