Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Three Things

I was talking with my Pastor at church this evening and he asked me to give him the three major, positive accomplishments in my life from last year.  I thought about this for a bit and while I was thinking my Pastor wrote down three things that he saw in me as the major, positive accomplishments from last year too.  After he finished writing I said number one would definitely have to be my being diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and finally get a hold on that one thing that has tormented me all of these years.

I continued on and said that number two would have to be the revitalization of our marriage.  My wife and I are closer now then we’ve ever been.  For the first time in our marriage we are actually starting to enjoy each other.  It sure is nice seeing the gleam in my wife’s eye when we look each other in the eye!

The third thing is probably the most important thing and that is the renewed relationship and the new fire I have for Jesus!  I know this is in no small part due to finally having stability in both my mental health and in our marriage.  It sure is nice to be able to start sharing again not only about Jesus but to have that close, personal relationship with Jesus.  I now know that it was Jesus that carried me through the past thirty years or so of my life and now I can enjoy giving something back to Him!

Now here’s the interesting part.  After I had said this my Pastor took his list and read them off and he had the same basic three things that I did.  In a way my pastor having the same basic list gave me some confirmation that I am heading in the right direction with my life.  The one thing that my Pastor added about the third item was that we were now grounded in a Christ centered church.  It’s nice to know that your spiritual leader is really that in tune to you.  

Air1 verse of the day is Romans 5:8.  “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.”  Oh how true that is!  Thank You Jesus!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: