Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Do Not Be Afraid!

I got a wake up call this evening!  I had my first college class of this semester.  The class I had this evening is the second half a computer class that deals with how you make a computer work from the inside out.  I took the first half 2 ½ years ago and I got a “B” which I though wasn’t too bad.  I’ve tried to keep up with the workings of computers while I was out of college but I found out tonight that there are a few areas that I need to do some studying in!

Tomorrow, Wednesday, I start my college algebra and my accounting classes.  I plan on reading the first chapter or two of each book before class so I don’t have that “dear caught in the headlight look!”  I have to keep telling myself that I can do this!  This semester will be a real test for me.  Like I said earlier in my blogs “If I can make it through this semester I can make it the rest of the way!”

I keep hearing in the back of my mind the promise the Lord gave to His people through Moses in Deuteronomy 31:8 "Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD is the one who goes before you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor forsake you.””  That one verse sure says a whole bunch to me.  That verse tells me to hold my head up, have a good attitude, don’t let the things of this world get you down or should I say in my case let college get me down.  I also see this verse as saying the Lord is going before me and that no matter what the Lord will be there for me and He will never leave me.  That is the kind of encouragement that we all need!

In reading Proverbs 17 today two verses jumped out at me.  First verse 3 “Fire tests the purity of silver and gold, but the LORD tests the heart.”  If the Lord is testing me here, I hope and pray that He finds my heart pure.  And then finally I got a quick chuckle out of verse 16 “It is senseless to pay tuition to educate a fool who has no heart for wisdom.”  When I read that verse I thought “Well Lord, my heart is in this.  Please don’t let me be that fool!”  I trust He won’t!  I know the Lord will see me through this.

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: