Thursday, December 01, 2005

Just Some Random Thoughts Again!

I had to describe myself the other day what I'm like when I'm on a manic terror (rush). I was able to answer that one real easy. I'm a 375 pound Ty Pennington when the family is coming home in 4 hours and the house isn't ready yet. People, GET OUT OF MY WAY, I'M COMING THROUGH!!!

Wow, only 24 days until Christmas! Yes, I said CHRISTmas, not Xmas, Winter Celebration, Holiday Season, or anything else. Where I come from, where I’m at, and where I will always be its CHRISTmas!

Ever wonder what Jesus thinks of Christmas? We might get an unpleasant surprise if we really knew the truth!

Why do WE, us, our family decorate our house with lights & pretty stuff this time of year? Simple really, we don’t do decorate to be some spectacle or anything like that, we decorate because we want our King to know we love him and we want to be part of His birthday celebration!

BTW… Here’s a tradition you might want to join us in. On December 25th, have a big birthday cake that says “HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS” & sing “Happy Birthday” to Jesus. It makes it a whole bunch easier to explain to the kids just exactly the REAL meaning of Christmas!

Anybody got any ideas how to keep squirrels from chewing up your Christmas lights? I used to hang lights in the back yard too but the squirrels would chew up the wires faster then I could run to Wal-Mart & buy replacements.

Now that you mention it I never did find any dead squirrels or squirrels with afros from getting shocked after chewing through the wires. That one still baffles me!

If you’d like to know what an earthquake sounds like in Kansas, just stop by some time & pull up a chair in our home when you see little ol’ 375 pound me running around on our roof trying to hang lights. My wife says she just takes all of the pictures off of the walls before I head up the ladder. Apparently foresight is much easier then trying to guess which one of the pictures is coming down next!

Hey, at least it’s not 490 pound little ol’ me like it used to be! I got up on the roof one time when I weighed that much and my wife said it sounded like I was landing a Peterbilt on the roof!

Speaking of my diet I should mention here that my wife is being very supportive of me even through the CHRISTmas time of year! Just had to say CHRISTmas again. Anyway, with all of the baking and stuff that goes on I used to gain about 10-15 pounds during this Christmas time of year. Not any more! My wife is using Splenda!

One way to tell that your wife really loves you is when she bakes you special goodies that taste great and that you can have on your diet. My wife is getting pretty, darn good at that. I guess she really does love me and does want to keep me around!

Anyway, instead of my normal “BE BLESSED”, tonight I’m just going to say…

Merry CHRISTmas!!!

BIG SCOTT

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks fir the encouraging words Deryk! It's an encouragement to me to hear that this is encouraging others! Be Blessed! BIG SCOTT

mizeeyore said...

hi Big Scott: thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. i hope that you and your family have a blessed and peaceful Christmas.

your comment that you liked my "free to write what i want" attitude. well, i believe in speaking my mind. if it comes across as profane, vulgar, crude or otherwise, my apologies. i just call it like i see it. i feel God knows my heart and my intentions. i certainly hope i didnt offend you in any way with the way i express myself.

however, do understand that i do have faith in the Creator of all Things. i just choose not to celebrate Christmas, because it's a personal thing with me; however i respect those individuals such as yourself who do.

anyway, i didnt mean to ramble on like this, but just to say "thank you" for stopping by. i wish you and your family and your new grandbaby (awwwwwww!) a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

mizeeyore