Saturday, December 17, 2005

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

I’ve been told over the last few blogs I’ve been pretty down at times and in fact down on myself pretty hard at times too.  I can see where there is some merit to that.  With everything that’s been going on I guess I did get caught in the “Woe is me” trap.  Looking back, I hate when that happens!

When things start going wrong it is pretty easy to fall into these self pity traps.  That’s just what the enemy, Satan, wants us to do.  He attacks us to tear us down and then he throws out this pity pit for us to wallow in.  The problem here is like the old saying “It’s like wrestling a pig in the mud.  The pig likes it and he’s going to win.”  In this case Satan would be the pig and the pity pit would be the mud.  As long as you’re in that pit, Satan is going to win.

The question is though, how do you get out of that pit?  Simple really, spend time with God and read God’s word, the Bible.  Like I’ve said in many of my past blogs, I’m a huge fan of David.  If you read in Psalms, especially the first 20 or so, you’ll find over and over again where David was downtrodden and feeling somewhat in despair.  But David always did one thing, when he finished lamenting about what was happening to him, he praised the Lord.

In Psalm 7:1 & 2 David says “I come to you for protection, O LORD my God.  Save me from my persecutors--rescue me!  If you don't, they will maul me like a lion, tearing me to pieces with no one to rescue me.”  Then David transitions in verses 6 & 10 saying “ Arise, O LORD, in anger!  Stand up against the fury of my enemies!  Wake up, my God, and bring justice!”  “God is my shield, saving those whose hearts are true and right.”  And the David finishes the chapter in verse 17 giving the Lord praise “I will thank the LORD because he is just; I will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.”

It’s all right there for us.  First we cry out in pain, let the Lord know we’re hurting.  Next we call on the Lord to rescue us, save us, and make things right.  And then we give the Lord praise because the Lord is true to his word and the Lord will rescue us if we let him.

I’ve heard it over and over again, B-I-B-L-E stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.  How much more simple can we get!  If we have problems, if we get down, if we’re under attack, if, if, if, go to the instruction manual and get the answer!  God gave us the Book, all we have to do is read it!

By the way, next time I get down, would someone please send this message back to me!  This is one of those messages the man in my mirror needs to hear from time to time!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: