Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Constipation or Off Of My Rocker!

Constipation. Yup, Constipation. I really feel like God is leading me to write about constipation tonight. Don’t worry, I’m not getting gross on you. I’m not talking about anything that has to do with the human body here or any other body for that matter. I’m talking about being constipated in a spiritual sense.

I would say that it’s a safe bet that most if not all of you probably are convinced that I’m off of my spiritual rocker here if not totally, completely off of my rocker period! Don’t worry, I’m not. I’ve actually got quite a valid point to make here! Seriously, I really do!

Spiritual Constipation is defined in Scott’s dictionary as “One who continually takes in God and never gives God out.” Let me expound on that just a little bit. If you sit in that nice, comfy seat every Sunday, sing praises, give God glory, take in the wonderful message that your pastor has for you and then go home you’re filled up with God. Now comes the rest of the week. You lead your normal, busy, hectic life and your week flies by without you sharing Jesus.

Here we are back to Sunday again and back in church. Comfy seat, praise, & another great message and you’re filled even more with Jesus. But wait, you didn’t share Jesus that past week did you? You just keep repeating this same scenario over and over again. You take in a ton of Jesus but never let him out or give what you’ve taken in of Jesus to others. That is Spiritual Constipation.

I’m sitting here reading this as I write it. I have to take inventory and see if I’m Spiritually Constipated. I have to admit, over the past year or so, I have been. That is why I’m working harder at getting Jesus out. I don’t want to be Spiritually Constipated.

I met with my pastor, Pastor Rob, today and was told I’m going to start mentoring some other guys. My first reaction was the normal “Huh?” I heard God telling me in my heart not to be Spiritually Constipated and do his work. Pastor Rob wants me to work with other guys that have mental disorders. Pastor Rob sees the recovery I’ve made through Jesus and he wants me to pour that into other guys.

Jesus, right before he was taken into Heaven after his resurrection left us with one simple commandment. In Mark 16:15 Jesus said "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere.” What are we to preach? Jesus answered that too in Luke 24:47 “With my authority, take this message of repentance to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: `There is forgiveness of sins for all who turn to me.” There you have it… You’re answer to Spiritual Constipation!

BE BLESSED!

BIG SCOTT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your little sermon!! That was funny and inspirational.

Thanks for writing that...

Katie.

Anonymous said...

Hay big Scott. I have to fill up every day in order to keep putting out. You left out that we must teach them to obey what we have been tought. God loves right where we are but HE will not leave us there. HE wants us to become like HIS SON
Fred