Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It’s That Simple!

I’ve been struggling lately with a round of depression and to tell the truth unfortunately I also haven’t been very happy. I’ve had a ton of stuff weighing me down. I’ve been trying to give it to the Lord and then trust in him to relieve me of my burdens. I’ve also been trying to praise the Lord for I know he will keep his word and take my burden.

Tonight I felt the Lord telling me to focus on just one scripture. Proverbs 10:28 “The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked are all in vain.” The first half is in particular what the Lord wants me to focus on. God is giving me a promise here. “The hopes of the godly result in happiness.” Wow! What a scripture and a promise!

This scripture is about as plain and to the point as you can get! If we pursue God and seek to do his will then we are the godly that it’s talking about. This goes right along with Matthew 6:33 (I’m using King James here as it put’s it so eloquently!) “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

I love it when the Lord is showing me His promises! In fact I’m blown away by the simpleness! It’s like I shared a couple of days ago about the Bible. B-I-B-L-E Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. God gave us the instructions. All we have to do is follow them and seek God and He will give us his happiness. It’s that simple!

I could go on and on here and get quite a bit deeper but this is all I feel the Lord is wanting me to share. I feel that the Lord has someone out there who needs to here this. If this is you, please let me know. If you know someone that could use this, please feel free to pass it on.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

2 comments:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

The hopes of the Godly.... Yay!!!
I have to remember that...while I post letters and my artwork to some folks who don't know me... It's kind of a Chutzpah effort of obedience and not knowing what will come of it!!!

-Katie

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Caption to my photo should read: German Shepherd gives a big slobbery kiss to little kitty...