Thursday, December 29, 2005

Here's My Top 10 For 2006

As I sit here looking forward into the New Year I am now setting some more goals for myself. Here’s what I’ve got so far-

Here's My Top 10 For 2006!

1: Stay true to Jesus

2: Try to stay on my diet

3: Stay on my treatment

4: Have a successful year in college

5: Love my wife unconditionally for a whole year

6: Be there for our kids throughout the whole year

7: Reach out & lift up/do something nice to at least 1 person per week

8: Finish getting our house remodeled

9: Get a good job

10: Lighten up & enjoy life & At the end of the year I too can celebrate making it another year!

Looking forward to the New Year two verses come to mind. First Proverbs 27:1 “Don't brag about tomorrow, since you don't know what the day will bring.” This is one thing that I’ve learned not to do. I’ve got my hands full with the “here & now!” I can however look forward to the future. Over the past few days I’ve been quoting Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

So there you have it. I’m not bragging about what the New Year is bringing BUT I am looking forward to the New Year as I have faith that the Lord is going to give me a better year next year then what this year was. I know that because of the Lord’s promise "…plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” That last half of the sentence is what I’m really hanging on and now I know I’ve got a future and a hope! What more can I ask for!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: