Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I have the promise of the Lord!

I had to go back and read my “Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth” post that I made a few nights ago.  I’ve decided I’m going to take my own advice.  With this anger I’ve got I’m going to do three things.  First I’m going to cry out to Jesus, confess my anger, and just basically lay it all on the line.  Next, I’m going to call on Jesus to rescue me, to take this anger away, heal my hurts, and replace my anger with his Holy Spirit.  And then finally I’m going to give the Lord praise because I know he is true to His word and he will rescue me.

I’ve been chatting with my sis Robbin.  Here is part of what she shared with me.  “Anger is just another descriptor for hurt feelings, it really is just a management word for what we do with our feelings. I did not mean to say that you were angry as a bad thing but to identify the feelings. You have been through a lot and because you are so compassionate this means that your pain is turned inward. I know that you are a great person and a loving caring person. I also know that God has a great plan for your life.”  “I think that you truly have to come to terms with what all has been and is going on.  Stop trying to sugarcoat it all and just get pissed off at the enemy.”

That was a whole lot to digest.  I’ve had to read and reread what Sis said several times.  I know what she wrote me was of the Lord.  When the Lord sends you a message like the one he sent me through my Sis it sometimes takes a while to digest it.  One thing I know I need to do is take her words to heart and turn my anger on the enemy, not some poor fool that would want to try me.  If I did that how would I be showing Jesus love?  I would be playing right into the enemy’s trap.

I’ve got a wonderful wife and we’ve still got four great kids here at home counting on me.  I don’t have the option to fail here.  I have to succeed not only for myself but for my family as well.  The Lord has not brought me this far just to abandon me.  The Lord brought me this far because I still have an amazing journey ahead of me with the Lord leading the way.

I have the promise of the Lord.  Hebrews 13:5 says "I will never fail you.  I will never forsake you."

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes we do!! Here are the treditional English words to my favorite Hanukkah song (playing at my Xanga site):

Rock of Ages let our song,
Praise thy saving power;
Thou amidst the raging foes,
Was our sheltering tower.

Furious they assailed us,
But Thine arm availed us,
And Thy word broke their sword,
When our own strength failed us.
And Thy word broke their sword,
When our own strength failed us.

^..^

Anonymous said...

Your creative misspelling is catching, especially with a cat in my lap... I mispelled "Traditional"

(chuckles...)

^..^