Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Now, about that “BAH!” thing…

Sorry to my regular blog readers for skipping a couple of days on my blogs. I’ve been so bummed out last few days with this huge mess we got with the drunk driver and our torn up vehicles that I really didn’t feel like sitting down and blogging. Not to worry though, I’m still here and I’m still going. God is giving me the strength to move forward.

I said in my last blog that I was having a hard time getting into the “Christmas Spirit.” Well I’ve got some good news to report here. After some serious counseling from my sis Robbin I’m starting to get in the groove here a little bit better. Robbin nailed Christmas right on the head so to say and I just have to pass on what Robbin said to me.

“Christmas is not an event or even a time of year it is a way of life. We must get out of the mindset of "Events." Life is a journey not a destination. Jesus birth is a gift for us and our gifts for him are in the everyday things that we do that honor him.” Wow! Good stuff sis! And to think I’m supposed to be the one that is the preacher/evangelist. Hehe! It’s nice to have people like Robbin to keep you going in the right direction!

I’ll tell you another thing that sure helped me make a change. I went to our middle daughters Christmas concert at her school last night. It was nice hearing all of the good ol’ Christmas songs again. I was really blown away by the number of Christian based Christmas songs was performed at the concert. It’s nice to know that there are still some teachers and administrators out there that aren’t afraid of the ACLU!

I was really moved at the end when the 7th & 8th grade choir spread themselves around the auditorium, up and down the aisles, and sung “Silent Night” first in the native tongue of German (High Dutch for you purists like me) and then in English while signing it. I’ll say this, the Scott that went in was not the same Scott that came out. Hearing “Silent Night” in the native tongue really moved me. That was the tongue that all of my Grandparents learned “Silent Night” in.

Now, about that “BLAH!” thing…

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT


No comments: