Sunday, December 25, 2005

New Year’s Resolutions (Already)!

I hope every one had a great Christmas, I know we did. As we were sitting around the table for our Christmas meal my wife piped up and started talking about New Year’s resolutions. Now keep in mind that I’m not a big advocate of New Year’s resolutions as usually I’m one of the first to break them. But none the less, my wife already made some for me today!

Here are my New Year’s resolutions that my wife made for me. 1: Finish Living Room. 2: Finish Bathroom. 3: Finish Family Room. 4: Rebuild our Carport. 5: Redo Kitchen. Did I mention we’re remodeling our house? We’re trying to get this house remodeled so we can get into a new one. I suppose one good thing that I’ve got going for me here is that my New Year’s resolutions so far are a no brainer and a sure fire bet for me to keep. Why do I say that? My loving and wonderful wife will make sure I keep hers, err…, I mean my New Year’s resolutions that she has made for me!

Seriously though, I am looking forward to 2006. 2005 was not a banner year for me. 2005 was the year that I received my Bipolar disorder and my ADHD diagnosis. It was also the year that I started down the long road that is called meds therapy for both my Bipolar & ADHD. 2005 was not all bad though. For our anniversary my wife & I renewed our vows. That was a special time for the both of us.

Along the way throughout this year God has really made Himself shown. I know one thing for certain and that is that if we would not have allowed the Lord to lead our lives this year would have been a total train wreck! One thing that still blows me away is how we are able to at least pay our basic bills. All throughout this year we’ve always managed to pay our utilities and car payments. That alone is a miracle in itself.

Here’s my basic plan for 2006. 1: Continue to serve the Lord in the best way I can. 2: To be the husband to my wife that the Lord has called me to be. 3: To be the father to our children that the Lord has called me to be. 4: To be the financial steward of our money that the Lord has called me to be. 5: To be successful in college. 6: Get my meds straightened out & follow my treatment for my Bipolar disorder and my ADHD. If I do these six things I know that I will have a fantastic 2006.

What are your plans for 2006? I hope and pray that your 2006 plans are the Jeremiah 29:11 plans: “For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Write that promise on your heart and you’ll be off and running to having a great 2006!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: