Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Do I Ever Regret?

I’ve been hearing from many, many people lately that have regretted opening up and sharing with people that they have a mental disorder, Bipolar disorder in particular. Do I ever regret opening up and sharing my disorder? No, not really, about the only thing that I’ve learned is that I don’t just open up and share my disorder with just anyone. If someone such as a relative or a friend asks I’ll share. I also don't mind sharing if I'm speaking to a group in a Christian ministry setting. In other words, if I can share Jesus & lift Jesus up, then I'm happy to share my disorder. Employers are a "grey area" that I would deal with on a need to know basis.

If someone else with a mental disorder would ask me I find that I'm more then happy to share my experiences. In opening up with those that I choose to share with I find that I also get to share Jesus. Jesus is such an integral part of my life and my treatment. I know that Jesus has kept me going when I couldn’t get going on my own. I also know that Jesus has opened many doors for me to get in with some really great doctors and such.

For me to get in with the psychiatrist (meds doc, pdoc) that I’ve got and the psychologist (talk doc, tdoc) that I’ve had was nothing short of a miracle. I hear just about every day from people that don’t get along with pdoc &/or their tdoc. I have been blessed, no doubt. Right now I’m moving over to a new tdoc as my other one has just retired. My pdoc knows me and my strong Christian beliefs and she has made a recommendation for a new tdoc. I am looking forward to meeting my new tdoc.

My #1 goal is still to let Jesus lead me and shine through me. I’ve found this is not an easy goal to accomplish. Just like every person every born on this Earth, except Jesus, I do have a sinful side to me. I am not a perfect person & I do sin. Just about every day I have to stop and ask for forgiveness. The good news is that I do have the Holy Spirit that Jesus sent to each and every one of us that believe living inside of me. It is because of the Holy Spirit that I can know when I do wrong and seek forgiveness.

I hope that every person that reads this can also be lead by the Holy Spirit and have Jesus shine through them too.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: