Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Lord Heard My Cry

I was reading along through the book Of Psalms tonight and the first three verses of Chapter 40 really jumped out at me.

Psalm 40

For the choir director: A psalm of David.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.

3 He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the LORD.

Verse two really jumps out at me. So many times, over and over again, the Lord really has “lifted me out of the pit of despair.” It amazes me how many times I’ve been caught in traps that the enemy has set for me, how I’ve been stuck and can’t move and miraculously I break free and I’m standing on solid ground again. It really is a God thing!

The last sentence of verse three is what my blog is all about. I decided if I’m going to be diagnosed with a mental disorder such as Bipolar disorder I’m going to open my life up for the world to see how the Lord is bringing me healing and restoration. I want Jesus to be shown in my Life. I want others to see what the Lord is doing in my life. If I let Jesus shine through me al the while Jesus brings his healing to me “Many will see what he has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the LORD.”

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

1 comment:

K. Elijah Layfield said...

Hey Scott. It was good to see Christ being exalted in your life. Drop by www.treasuringChrist.net and e-mail me sometime.