Monday, December 19, 2005

Bejeebers Scared Out of Us Tonight!

We had the bejeebers scared out of us tonight!  My wife & I took our family to the Wichita State Women’s basketball game tonight.  Thing were going pretty well until just past halftime.  My wife took our 11 year old autistic son to the concession stand.  When he didn’t get what he wanted he bolted and ran away from my wife.  Our son is highly autistic and didn’t comprehend what he was doing.

My wife immediately told me what happened and I went looking for him too.  One of the first things I did was notify event security so they could search for him too.  I then called 911 to notify police of the run off.  We turned the arena upside down looking for him.  I also went outside calling for him and searching outside for him.  Our biggest fear was that he bolted outside as it was getting down to the bitter cold as it was around 20 degrees outside.  Needless to say after about twenty minutes of searching we were getting pretty panicked!

After about thirty minutes of searching for him both inside and out a Wichita Police Officer pulled up and told us that they had him.  At that point you just heard a huge sigh of relief and a “Praise God” from the both of us.  Apparently our son had bolted outside and made his way one block west of the arena and went to the police sub-station and just walked in on his own.  

When our son walked in the police sub-station he saw the gumball machine and wanted a blue gumball.  They asked him if his name was Andrew and he said yes and they put a quarter in out popped a blue gumball and our son was happy.  When I got to the police sub-station there he sat with his blue gumball and said “Dad!  Look!  Blue gumball!”  

When I saw our son sitting there I had a ton of mixed emotions.  I wanted to hug him, love him, and tan his hide all at the same time.  I started talking to the officers there and it hit me I ought to call my wife.  I called my wife as I was having a hard time remembering even his birthday I was so shook up.  When my wife answered I just simply said “I’ve got him.”

How in the world did our highly autistic son make it 1 ½ blocks in twenty degree weather in the exactly right direction and walk in the exactly the right door?  How did he make it that far safely?  I know exactly how he did it.  God was watching out for him!  I know that God’s Holy Spirit came down on him as well he had Angels round about him and that is why he is safe & sound and home with us tonight.  My wife and I have just given God all the praise tonight for bringing our son back to us safe and sound!

All my wife and I can say is Thank You Jesus!  We’re both very grateful that God is in control!  Now we can get back to having a Merry Christmas and celebrating the birth of our Savior!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

1 comment:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Hallelujah for divine guidance!!!

(Katie Kat)