Thursday, December 15, 2005

Up Down Turn Around Get Dizzy!

What a wild and crazy week this has been so far. From the anxiety and depression of having to deal with a couple of smashed vehicles all the way to the other end of being lifted up by an incredible, authentic rendition of Silent Night in it’s native tongue. I don’t remember a week ever being quite so roller coaster as this week has been. Today I felt like “Would somebody please stop this wild carnival ride and please let me off!”

I was just chuckling to myself a little bit ago that trying to pinpoint my Bipolar this week would be like trying to pin the tail on a donkey, a live one! I’m up, I’m down, I’m depressed, I’m manic, and that’s just before lunch! At least by the time early evening gets here I start to balance out somewhere right in the middle with a mixture of mild depression and hypo-manic.

I did however figure out how to finally get to sleep last night. I waited until I was dead tired to take my meds which would have been about 1:00 a.m. & then I went to bed shortly after I took my meds. It takes my meds about thirty minutes to kick in which meant I was in bed for about twenty minutes and then the kick. I finally got to sleep in under an hour for the first time last night. Praise God!

Here’s some good news- I got to minister to a friend for about forty-five minutes today. I finally got a hold of her via phone and was able to help her. She told me that she will be in church this Sunday with my wife and I. I’m praying that my wife and I will be able to help lift her up and get her pointed in the right direction.

I guess the week can’t be all bad if the Lord uses you for ministry to help change someone’s life. I think there’s a point here somewhere. If the Lord can use someone who’s messed up as I am this week to minister to someone else just think what the Lord can do when I finally get back on an even keel. Or better yet, just think what the Lord can do with you if you just let him! Hmmm… About that point…

I got a good chuckle tonight when I was reading back over some different Proverbs. Proverbs 3:5 & 6 says “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.” I chuckle because right now because I know that I have no choice now other then to trust in the Lord and I’m sure not operating on my own understanding because I sure don’t know how the Lord is working all of this out for me. I’m just glad that He is! I guess I’ll just keep hanging on waiting to see what the Lord has in store for us next!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: