Monday, December 12, 2005

Scrooge???

OK, so maybe I’m not scrooge but I’m sure having a hard time getting into the “Christmas Spirit” this year.  I’m really not sure why I’m feeling this way this year.  Maybe it’s that we’re struggling financially right now while I’m waiting for a great job to avail itself to me.  Maybe I’m just having a down swing with my Bipolar.

I do know one thing for sure in that a guy can become a real Scrooge when both of your vehicles get smashed by a hit & run driver!  I’ve been sweating this one like a big dog!  I do have some good news to report here though.  The guy did have valid insurance in place & his insurance company just happens to be the same one that I’ve got.  When I was talking with his insurance agent today and she confirmed that he does have a valid insurance policy I just let out a big “Praise God!”  We should have this all pretty much sewed up tomorrow sometime.

Anyway, back to the scrooge thing.  Maybe once I get this ordeal of dealing with our smashed up vehicles behind us maybe I’ll be a little more “Christmassy.”  It just hit me now though what would make me a whole lot “Holly Jollier.”  I know what I want for Christmas.  Here’s my request.

Dear Jesus,

I know it’s your birthday and I hope you’re having a great birthday.  I know that it’s tradition for people to give the birthday guy a present on his birthday.  I don’t have much to give you right now but what I do have is yours.  The one thing I do have that I can give you is my love and my thankfulness for what you’ve done for me.

Jesus I also know that all thing good come from you.  That tells me that over the years you’ve sure given me a more then I could ever thank you for.  But even at that you tell me that if I need anything I should come to you and ask.  You don’t care when it is I can come to you any time day or night.  That’s kewl!

OK Jesus, I’ve got one request for you here.  I need a job.  I need a good job.  I need a job where I can both support my family and go to college.  I know you want me in college.  You’ve made that very clear in both your word and my heart.  I also believe that you’ve opened a whole bunch of doors to enable me to go to college.

So there you have it Jesus.  It’s your birthday and I’m making a request.  Wow, you’re awesome!  It’s your birthday and you’re still giving to everyone throughout the whole world.  I’m so glad I know you personally as you really have changed my life!

Have a great birthday Jesus!

Your Friend,

Scott

Wow, you know something?  I’m all of a sudden starting to feel a little bit better about Christmas.  Maybe this will be a pretty good Christmas after all.  When you know Jesus personally like I do it won’t be a bad Christmas.  That much I can guarantee you!

No BAHS!

Just…

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I'm so depressed I would rather die right now. and you didn't right back. what church are you going to???

-K