Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Who do you have...

Who do you have in your life that makes your day brighter?  God sends people into our lives to cheer us up.  Stop and think about it, we all have someone who makes our day go better.  Sometimes it our spouses or someone else in our family that cheers us up.  And then at other times it can be a friend, a coworker, a pastor, just about anyone God can send our way to cheer us up.

I’ve been told over and over again that I am so blessed to have a wife that lifts me up.  I know it’s true as the first person I see when I wake up in the morning is the light of my life!  When I’m down my wife’s brightness reaches down into my depression, shines light into my life, and lifts me up!  It’s not just me, my wife is just one of those people that others love to be around!

I talk a lot about my Care Team.  One person on my Care Team that I talk with several times a week, mainly because we’re also friends is my Pastor.  Once again I am blessed here too because God has brought a Pastor into our lives that is on a permanent high, high on Jesus!  My pastor can just look deep into my soul and in a few minutes can have me smiling, even on a really bad day, by speaking the perfect, God given words that I not only need to hear, but many times also brings healing that God has for me.

It’s not just those people that you see on a regular basis that can lift you up.  Today while I was waiting to pick my daughter up at school my niece pulled in to pick up her oldest son too.  My niece is awesome, and that’s probably an understatement!  This gal is so full of Jesus that she just bubbles over in life, joy, and happiness!  I started the day down and by the time I had finished visiting with my niece I had absorbed a huge junk of her great big smile and I too had a great big smile on my face!

Think about who it is in your life that lifts you up.  Make a mental note of those people.  When you’re feeling down, expect God to bring some of these people or someone like them into your life.  God is a God of love.  God wants you to have a joyful heart.  Psalm 5:11 jumps out at me tonight: “But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Protect them, so all who love your name may be filled with joy.”

I know that I know this is for someone out there.  I don’t know who it is.  If it’s you, Praise God!  If not, find someone today, pass this on, and be that person to them!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: