Monday, November 21, 2005

Bi-Monthly Checkup

Today I went in for my bi-monthly appointment & checkup with my psychiatrist.  I have these appointments so we can make changes on my meds and address any other concerns that may have arisen.  I actually look forward to these appointments as I’ve been blessed with a doctor that really does care about me, takes time to listen to my concerns, and spends time with me making sure that I understand her recommendations and that I’m comfortable with them.  My psychiatrist really is a part of my Care Team.

I received some good news while I was in my appointment with my psychiatrist.  My psychiatrist informed me that she was very pleased with the progress that I’ve been making and that I am finally starting to get some stabilization in my treatment now.  That was some very good news to me as I’m getting close to starting college again.  My psychiatrist told me that now that I’m getting stabilized that one of the good things that comes out of that is that doors are now being opened to trying so new meds that are not quite as sedative as some of the meds that I’m taking now.

I shared with my psychiatrist that I’ve been having a hard time waking up and that in the mornings my eyes are hurting pretty bad.  My meds were hanged today and I was taken off of Lexapro which is a stand alone anti-depressant.  I am excited about getting off of Lexapro as I believe that Lexapro was causing some of my mania.  In addition, my Seroquel was reduced by one-third so that I’m only taking 200 mg at bed time.  This should help out a whole bunch in the mornings and I should have a whole lot less “meds hangover.”

I’ll see if I can’t get back to writing some of the more insightful things that I’ve been writing lately.  I just had a pretty good day today and I wanted to write about it.  I should add that my psychiatrist is very optimistic about me returning to college in January.  She feels that now that I’m stabilized, especially with my ADHD, that I should do exceptionally better then I have with my studies in the past.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: