Saturday, November 19, 2005

I got a chuckle last night

I got a chuckle last night after I wrote yesterday’s installment of my blog.  Just a refresher, I wrote about depression and be depressed in correlation with my Bipolar disorder.  I really was feeling pretty down when I wrote that blog.  But what followed me writing that blog was pure God.

After I wrote that blog I sat down in my easy chair to watch the KU/Idaho State game.  I figured that as bad as I was feeling maybe watching the game might cheer me up.  I got cheered up, but it wasn’t necessarily the game that did it.  As I was sitting in my easy chair it seems that one by one, every member in our family just had to come by & put there lovings on dear ol’ dad!

I do have a family that loves me, but for some reason yesterday evening my family just had to put a bunch of extra lovings on me.  I know that was a God thing.  I know that God moved on their hearts, leading them to open up, and pour out His love on me through my family.  By the time that game was over I was a different man.

I really don’t remember any of the high lights of that game but I do remember the highlights of all of the love I got.  At one time I had my wife sitting on one arm of my chair, one of my daughters sitting on the other arm of my chair, and our two year old sitting between my legs.  Everyone was sitting there with me and loving on me.  How a guy could not be lifted up I do not know.  I know I was!

Oh yea, our big ol’ St. Bernard even came up and put her snout up under my arm and gave me her own little lovings too!

What an evening.  It’s amazing how God can move others to pick you up!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: