Tuesday, November 22, 2005

He's Here!!!

Man I was battling depression today.  In fact the last few days have been a struggle just to get out of bed.  I was told there was going to be days like this.  I just praise God that He gives me the strength to keep going.  The strength that God gave me today to turn things around for me came in an awesome way.

We got a call just after lunch today from our son-in-law that our oldest daughter was getting close to delivering.  They were already in the labor & delivery and the birth was at hand.  About two hours later we got the call that we’re GRANDPARENTS!  Grandparents for the very first time!

Our daughter this afternoon delivered a beautiful, little baby boy!  Our first grandson came into this world today weighing 6 pounds & 8 ounces and was just 19 inches long.  A cute, little bundle of joy and just as healthy as he could be!  Wow, what a blessing!

My wife looked at me wondering is that a tear in my eye that she sees?  That’s OK, I looked at my wife and wondered the same thing!  Those two phone calls took what was shaping up to be another not so good day and turned this day into an incredibly, happy, blessed day!  We’re so excited for our daughter & son-in-law!

Looking back, it doesn’t seem all that long ago that my wife and I were struggling to get our family started.  Now we get to watch as our oldest daughter and her husband get to share the blessings of starting their own family.  If they are half as blessed as we are with our children, all six of them, then they too will be truly blessed.  I however feel that they will be even more blessed then we are.

As if you couldn’t tell, I am truly excited!  Such a day as this only comes once in your life.  You only get to have your first grandkid once.  This reminds me how exceptional these times are in our life.  I am also reminded now to slow down a little bit and enjoy, dwell in, the blessings that God truly does send you!

OK, I can’t hold this back any more.  I’ve got to shout!  

IT’S A BOY!!!  

WE’RE GRANDPARENTS!!!

Hope you’re having a great day too!

Be Blessed!

Big Scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay hay hay big Scott!!!
Concrats Grandad.

Anonymous said...

Mazeltov!!! Congratuatations!!
Great news. -Katie Kat