Thursday, March 30, 2006

Every Day That The Sun Comes Up

I was just watching Pastor John Hagee on TBN. Pastor Hagee was asked how long do we have to preach the Gospel. Pastor Hagee gave one of the best answers that I’ve ever heard. Pastor Hagee said “Every day that the sun comes up.” He went on to say that the “finish line is near and the checkered flag is waving.”

It’s no big secret that Biblical prophecy is coming to bear at a rate that this world has never seen since the days that Jesus walked the Earth. My personal belief is that we are getting close and I feel that everything right now is hinging on Israel and Israel setting its borders. I also believe that a great deal is hinging on Iran now and their development of nuclear weapons. My personal opinion is that we are getting close but we are not quite to the point of Christ’s return BUT I will say this, when I go to bed at night I’m never absolutely sure that I’ll wake up here on Earth. I know that the time is close enough that I might wake up in Heaven at any time with my Christian brothers and sisters.

Over and over again I hear in my head what Jesus said in Matthew 24:42 “So be prepared, because you don't know what day your Lord is coming.” With things happening like they are and Jesus telling us to be prepared it has given me an incredible burning in my heart to reach the lost.

I don’t want anyone to go to hell but Jesus is very clear about the fact that people need to repent and accept Jesus as their savior. Jesus said in Matthew 7:21 “Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as `Lord,' but they still won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven.” And what is it that one must do to obey the Father? The Apostle Peter answered this in Acts 2:38 “Each of you must turn from your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.” And what happens to those that don’t turn to Jesus and repent? Jesus said in Matthew 25:41 “Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, `Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his demons!”

As we see it’s pretty plain and clear. Everyone must obey and repent and be baptized. If they do that they will be saved! If they choose not to then it’s extremely clear, they will not go to Heaven and they will go to a REAL HELL and suffer eternal, forever and ever, in the pits, the fires of hell! Wow, if that’s not encouragement to reach the lost I don’t know how much more you could need!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: