Monday, March 13, 2006

One Step At A Time

This afternoon my wife and I were out and about, driving around, and in general, just getting out for a bit. We were talking about what we could do. I suggested that we might go look at some open houses. As we were driving by the first open house I felt the Lord start speaking to my heart.

I started hearing “One step at a time, one step at a time.” I knew what the Lord was trying to tell me. As bad as my wife and I would love to get into a new and/or bigger home this is not the right time. What we need to be focusing on is the here and now.

God has us where we’re at for a reason. Until we overcome the problems and challenges facing us right now we have no business looking far forward and focusing on something other then what the Lord wants us to focus on right now. We’ve got enough problems to deal with now without trying to add anything else to our plate.

We kept driving around for a while and the Lord kept showing me things. One of the big things the Lord showed me was how someone very close to me became a big overcomer. This person was dealt many of the same cards I was dealt. What he did when he was dealt a bad card he dealt with it. Whatever it took he just dealt with it. And because he was dealing with the here and now properly he was able to deal with it.

The Lord was trying to drive home the point made in Matthew 6:34. Jesus said "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.” Take life one day at a time. Deal with your bills, your troubles, your home, whatever comes up, deal with them today.

I really felt that the Lord was trying to surmise it all as this. Take care of today what needs to be taken care of today. Don’t put off taking care of until tomorrow, or worse, what needs to be taken care of today. If you do that you don’t have to worry about your future, the Lord will show you your future. The future the Lord will show you will be the future He has for you. It will be a future that will be better then any future you could possibly dream of yourself.

I’ll wrap this up with three scriptures.

Jeremiah 29:11.
For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD.
"They are plans for good and not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope."

Psalms 27:11.
Teach me how to live, O LORD.
Lead me along the path of honesty,
for my enemies are waiting for me to fall.

Psalms 27:14.
Wait patiently for the LORD.
Be brave and courageous.
Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: