Monday, March 13, 2006

Sustained

The biggest single thing that I hate about my Bipolar disorder is the mood swings. When I’m up I’m a happy guy. I get excited about life and I get even more excited about Jesus. I noticed however that when I’m in a down swing I find it hard to get excited about anything and unfortunately that even carries over to my walk with Jesus.

How do I push on to seek Jesus when I’m in a down swing? Some times it’s not easy. Getting into a daily regimen where at a certain time every day I spend time with Jesus helps immensely. Every night after we get everyone off to bed I’m left alone with just me and my computer. I use this time to write my blog and get in to God’s word about what He has put on my heart.

I shudder to think what I would be like if I didn’t have my quiet time with the Lord every night. It is only by God’s word that I am sustained when I’m in a down swing.

Psalms 119:117 says
“Your words are what sustain me.
They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight,
for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.”

Jeremiah 15:16 says
“Your words are what sustain me.
They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight,
for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.”

Like I’ve wrote in earlier blogs I try to read a chapter of Proverbs every night. I read whatever chapter that corresponds to that day. Reading a book of Proverbs just in itself has given me great wisdom and understanding in dealing with life on a daily basis. By following what I read in Proverbs I know what the Lord would have me do even when I’m down.

To do my scripture reading and research I use BibleGateway.com. BibleGateway.com has been a huge blessing to me. BibleGateway.com has just about every version of the Bible there is and you can search and read in any of the versions.

Getting alone with God every night without exception is the one reason what I am still alive and functioning. I can not begin to encourage others enough to get a time when they too can be alone with God. If a person wants to have a life changing experience with God all they have to do is one simple thing. Find time and get alone with God every day. It’s that simple.

When it comes to seeking God these scriptures come to mind.

Psalms 17:7
Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways.
You save with your strength those who seek refuge from their enemies.


Psalms 69:32
The humble will see their God at work and be glad.
Let all who seek God's help live in joy.


Proverbs 3:6
Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

Matthew 6:33 (American Standard Version)
“But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.”


Matthew 7:7 & 8
"Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks.”

I hope that this encourages you to seek Him too!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: