Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Writing A Blook

I’ve been doing a little bit of editing work on the book that I’m writing this evening.  I have to say it’s a little bit exciting to be taking on a project such as this for the very first time.  Just in case some of my readers missed out on what I’m doing I’m taking the best of my blogs and putting a book together.  There is actually a name now for this in the publishing world.  When a person composes a book using their writings from their blog they call it a “blook” which is short for “blog book.”

My thesis for my blook would be something on the line of “Encouragement in a broken world from a broken person.”  My goal is to encourage others to succeed, to push ahead, and to grow closer to God in the process.  My point is that if someone such as myself that is bent and broken having multiple mental disorders can be a success in Jesus then others, no matter what obstacle they have in their live, can do the same.

In a way I’m really humbled that the Lord would pick someone such as me who has a quite long track record of failures to use as an example of how He can turn a life around and use that life for His glory.  I’ve even more humbled and even blown away that the Lord would use me to speak through and offer up encouragement to others who are either hurting or are facing some kind of disorder or disability in their life.  I want to reach those that need to know that God is still in the restoration business.

Through my life experiences and through the leading of the Holy Spirit I hope to develop a book that is just a little bit different than any other book that is out there right now.  There are a ton of self-help books on the market now but I have yet to find one wrote by someone who has the mental disorders that I have.  I don’t want to preach in my book, I just want to write from life experiences how to have more of God in your life.

One of the greatest inspirations I have in writing both my blog and this blook is when someone asks a tough question.  I’ve had a few that have opened up some wonderful dialog.  If anyone has any questions please pass them on to me.  I won’t use your name or identify you in any way but your question may show up on my blog and/or in my blook.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know i have not written in some time, hit a rough patch, but I think this is a fantastic idea and I might consider doing the same, if you don't mind me stealing your idea Ha
Love Lil Sis