Sunday, March 19, 2006

How Much Greater Challenge Can There Be

Before I get going on what’s on my heart I’m going to put up a link on an absolutely hilarious Christian video. I take no responsibility for the content of this video. This video has been making the rounds on the web and in the Christian underground. I hope you enjoy it! Here it is, click on it: “Baby’s Got Book!”

OK, now that we got through that I wanted to comment on something that I’ve learned as I’ve been going through some of Ray Comfort’s teaching. I’m sure that you’ve heard before the saying “God love’s the sinner but He hate’s the sin.” I’ve heard that over and over too and I’ve always just assumed it to be right. The truth is that saying is no where to be found in the Bible, it’s unscriptural.

Look at what 2 Peter 3:9 & 10 says:
“He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief.”

Now look at Jesus had to say in John 3:16-18:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.”
"There is no judgment awaiting those who trust him. But those who do not trust him have already been judged for not believing in the only Son of God.”

And finally Revelation 20:15:
“If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”

Those three passages pretty much sum up why I have such a heart for witnessing and seeing the non-believer come to Christ. There are no second chances. Either Jesus is your savior or not. It’s that simple. I don’t want anyone to die and go to hell.

There is so incredibly much false doctrine being taught these days and I believe the record needs to be set straight. This is not some minor thing that is on the line. No, what is on the line the eternal destiny of every man, woman, and child on this Earth. How much of a greater challenge can there be? None!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: