Saturday, February 25, 2006

Another Great Question!!!

I love it when one of my blog readers posses a good, though provoking, theological question to me.  KB sent me the following question this evening.  I thought it was a great question and I thought that I would share both the question and my response with everyone else.

I was wondering is if it is possible to see the devil take over a person  temporarily, like in a moment of complete and utter greed?  I guess I am asking this because I learned at bible study and in church about money being one of God's tools to test us and see if we pass it on how we manage our money.  Plus the expression Money is the root of all evil.  What made me ask is that, I handed my landlord her rent money in cash this time because she asked if I could pay in cash, (and yes I get receipts) but the question I have is like when she saw the stack of bills she got this evil grin on her face, and made the gestures like give me, give me, give me!  At that moment her facial expressions changed and she didn't see anything else around her, and I felt sad for her, like money was the biggest thing to matter to her in her life.  It looked like evil and greed to me.

The Apostle Paul said in 1 Timothy 6:10 (New Living Translation)  "For the love of money is at the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows."  That verse pretty much sums up what you just told me. Some people are so taken back by money that they will almost drool when they see money.  Unfortunately for those people money is their god.
 
We're told over and over again in Proverbs that if we seek Godly wisdom and seek to live in a Godly way then He will prosper you.  If one doesn't have that wisdom and doesn't seek after that wisdom then they will, if they want money, make money their God.  Another thing about these people that see money as their God they also see money as power.  The way they see it is the more money that they have the more power they have and if they have your money then they believe falsely that they have power over you.  If you're a child of God then this doesn't apply to you because Jesus has set you free.  All you have to do is follow Godly & Biblical teachings and no person on this Earth will have power over you.

I've seen more people then I care to remember like your landlord.  Unfortunately for them money is not only their god but for them money is also their drug.  When you gave your landlord your money you gave her the fix she was craving.  If you've ever seen an alcoholic or a junky how they get when they are searching for that shot of whiskey or drug fix so she was waiting impatiently for you to bring her the fix she was craving.  Unfortunately you had two choices, either give her your money so she could have her fix or loose your place to live.  Don’t let her fool you, she may think she has power over you but she doesn’t.

If anyone else ever has any questions, whether big like this one or just something small send them to me.  If you don’t want me to share it on my blog just let me know and I won’t.  I’ll also never expose the sender of the question either.  

Just keep the questions coming!!!  

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: