Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Maybe My Wife Is Right!

I got a good chuckle out of something that happened in my English Comp class this evening.  Due to us being down to just one car for a few days I was about thirty minutes late to class this evening.  I sitting there feverously was trying to catch up.  We were having a class discussion about a story we had just read.  I was doing my best to contribute and get my head into class and all of a sudden I hear “Scott, help me out here.”

I look up with my famous dear caught in the headlight look.  My first thought was why me?  My brain is still back on K-15 highway somewhere trying to get here!  Fortunately I was paying attention enough that I was able to answer, correctly at that!  I was impressed!

I got to thinking about my English Comp class tonight after I got out of school.  I keep chuckling that the class I feared the worst, the one class that I thought just three months ago could possibly be the one class that would keep me from my diploma I’m actually excelling in quite well.  To give you an idea of how bad I feared this class before the semester started I would stop and think about this class and I would have mild anxiety attacks!

The last month or so my Bipolar disorder has been giving me fits.  The other day I wrote a lengthy entry in my blog about how I sometimes hate my Bipolar disorder.  If you read it you would agree that there was a dearth of positive things said in it.  However though, all is not bad over the past month.  College really has been pretty good.

I sometimes wonder if both God and my wife are trying to teach me a lesson in all of this.  My wife keeps reminding me to quit focusing Bipolar disorder and focus on something else.  I have to wonder if just maybe God isn’t possibly speaking through my wife.  When I focus on my college and what has gone right with college I seem to do a whole bunch better.

With the help of my loving wife I’m going to try to focus on what has been going right in my life.  I know the only way to stop this tailspin that my Bipolar disorder has me in is to focus on the good.  Even through all of this God has made sure that some things are going right in my life.  I guess my cloud really does have a silver lining.

A verse comes to mind that specifically addresses this.  The Apostle Paul in concluding his letter to the church in Philippi write this in Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”  Sounds like my wife might just know what she is talking about!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott uou have smart wife leasten to her
Fred