Saturday, February 11, 2006

I've Got A Theory...

Before I started meds I would go ga ga nuts manicy, blow all of my energy, & then I could go to bed and get a good nights sleep.

Now that I'm on meds I don't go ga ga nuts manicy any more.  What I do is just get a mild hyper manic high that just goes and goes and goes and goes and...  You get the picture.

Anyway, I've surmised a hypothesis (a guess) that I've got a set amount of energy to burn before I can get a good nights sleep.  It used to be that it was like I pulled the plug and whoosh!  In a couple of hours or so I burned myself out.  Now it's like I'm trying to unload that same amount of energy out of a little bitty hole that these meds have created and it just takes forever to burn this energy off.

It's 6:00 in the morning and I'm still mildly bouncing off of the walls.  I should have been in bed 6 or 7 hours ago but that wasn't happening!  I NORMALLY take 200 mg of Seroquel @ bedtime that is SUPPOSE to help me sleep.  Most people would be knocked out pretty good with 200 mg.  I've been taking 400 mg hoping that would help.  It didn't.  Last night I took 600 mg of Seroquel, which should knock anyone out, Bipolar or not, in fifteen minutes and they should sleep for ten plus hours.  I then went and took a nice relaxing, hot shower.  After my 20 minute shower I decided to lay down in my bed with a nice novel and I read almost 100 pages in 1 1/2 hours.  At that point, which was about two hours after taking my meds I just turned the lights out and said "OK God, would you PLEASE do something to knock me out?"  About 30 minutes later or about two and a half hours after I took the Seroquel I FINALLY fell asleep.

There’s got to be an answer somewhere!  This is driving both my wife and myself nuts!  Or in my case nuttier!  Hehehe!!!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: