Monday, February 20, 2006

Take Me Out...

Sorry that I haven’t put a new blog up for a few days now. Our network at the house is down and Ma’ Bell won’t have us back up until this coming Thursday they told me. Not being able to get online at the house is sure beginning to take its toll on not only me but everyone in my family as well! I can check my emails off of my phone but unless it’s an emergency I just wait till I get back to college to reply because it is a pain using my phone for emails. I sent a normal, two paragraph email out the other day over my phone and it took me 15 minutes to write & send. Yuk!

Wow! Only a little over two weeks until the first pitch! OK now, ya’all sing along with me..

“Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the game! Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks, I don’t care if I ever get back! For it’s root! Root! Root! For the home team…”

Can you tell I’m getting stoked just thinking about baseball? I’ve often heard the question “Do you think there will be baseball in Heaven?” As an umpire I have to believe that there will be if we can get the coaches in! On the other hand I’m pretty sure the coaches are saying the same thing about us umps even though us umps know we’re always right!

I just got to thinking about something. Our pastor, Pastor Rob, coaches a bunch of baseball in the summer. Pastor Rob is the only pastor I know that’s a baseball coach. The rest of the coaches I know need to be seeing Pastor Rob for some spiritual counseling. If you could here some of the things that I hear on the field you’d understand why I say that! With this being a “G-Rated Family Friendly” blog I’d better not repeat what’s been said!

As an ump I gotta love it when the ump has the chance to strike back! I can’t do that on the field you know! All we can do on the field is stand there and wait for the coach to slip up and use an “F-word” or something like that so we can eject them. The good coaches don’t use those words. They know how to blow off steam without getting the boot.

I had one coach last year come out of the dugout on fire and mad as heck at me. We stood at third base and had a nice yelling match and when we got done he went back to the dugout and we played ball. When the game was over he came up and shook my hand and said “good game.” Only in baseball!

Oh well, I feel better now. I got to talk about baseball! Hope you got a chuckle too!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: