Monday, February 06, 2006

I Told You So!!!

Let’s cut right to the chase here…

Sorry but I’ve got to throw in a “Told you so!” here.  In my January 27th blog I stated “Pittsburg over Seattle by 10!”  I missed by 1 point!  Tonight’s Superbowl was Pittsburg over Seattle by 11!  We went to our church for our annual Superbowl party tonight.  We had a much better time tonight than we did last year.  For once we had people hollering and getting rowdy, the way a Superbowl party is suppose to be!

I don’t drink Budwieser.  I personally think that Budwieser is the nastiest beer in the world.  But I will say this for Budwieser, Budwieser had the field covered tonight in the competition for the best commercials.  The Budwieser commercial that featured the “Streaker Sheep” had the whole place roaring and laughing out loud!  

My personal favorite though was when the Clydesdale pony hooked himself up to the Budweiser wagon.  The pony strained for all he was worth to pull the wagon just like the big Clydesdales do.  The next thing you see is this pony pulling the wagon out of the barn.  The kicker though was that there were two other Clydesdales pushing the wagon from behind helping the pony out and the pony didn’t know it.  The pony thought that he did it all on his own and he was proud!  The trainer is kneeling there watching all of this and he says to the dog with him “I won’t tell a soul if you won’t.”  A great, positive message even if it was from a beer company.

My play of the game?  It had to be in the Fourth Quarter when Pittsburg pulled out a huge trick play for a touchdown.  Wideout Antwaan Randle El on a reverse play took a handoff, sprinted right and threw perfectly to Ward for a 43-yard TD with 9:04 remaining. It was the first Super Bowl touchdown pass by a receiver.  Seattle never gave up after that but that one play put Seattle in a huge hole that Seattle could never recover out of.

I almost forgot about the Halftime Show.  I thought that it was hilarious watching a bunch of 60+ year old guys out there strutting and jumping around like they did 30 years ago!  Poor Mick, his voice forgot to show up tonight.  Good thing the Stones still got Keith Richards!  Keith held the whole show together with some awesome guitar licks!  I guess when you’ve been playing guitar for 50 years you tend to get pretty good at it after a while.

I hope you enjoyed the Superbowl as much as I did.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: