Sunday, August 28, 2005

Whatever you meditate on...

My wife has been telling me for quite some time not to concentrate (meditate) on my mental disorders. My wife repeatedly tells me that she can tell when I'm focusing on my mental disorders because without fail it will trigger a depression spell. Today in church our pastor, Pastor Rob spoke on the same exact thing! Once again, this just proves how wise my wife really is!

For the last few weeks I've been concentrating very hard on my relationship with Jesus. I've also noticed that during this time my down swings down swing as low, come near as often, or last as long as they used to. Yesterday for the first time in a long, long time I actually shared Jesus with someone. Unfortunately, I don't remember the last time I did that.

Over the last few weeks I've had some serious challenges with my job and I know that I know that my concentrating on Jesus is what gave me the strength to keep on keeping on and not quit. Pastor Rob said that we need to ask Jesus to give us a positive outlook on things. I know that this is true as over the last week I've become very upset with a couple of people and the only I was able to release my anger was to ask Jesus to give me his view of these people. In fact Jesus reminded me this week that "Jesus died and rose again for every man, woman, & child on this earth, not just a select few."

Philippians 4:13 "For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need."

BIG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello BIG SCOTT,

Thank you for your informative blog, it is good to see that people are still sharing their knowledge and experience.

I am currently working on finding the latest information on teenage adhd when I came across your site. My passion is in the area of teenage adhd and after finding your blog, I believe we have a real synergy and that my subsrcibers would benefit from your perspective on the topic.

I would very much appreciate it if you would take the time to have a look at my adhdpodcaster blog. If you think that we do have a common goal (which I think we do), then please feel free to post any relevant information to the blog.

Whatever area that ties into adhd would be fine, even if it is with relation to personal development (especially time management), you know how notoriously hard it is to keep track of time especially for us :)

Anyways, really looking forward to your post.

Thank you for the blog, keep up the good work

Warmest regards,
Hoe Bing