Wednesday, August 17, 2005

What A Day!!!

Or should I say, What a week so far!!!

One thing that I noticed is that trying to balance a high stress job, family, ADHD, & Bi-Polar disorder can sometimes be daunting. Once again, if it wasn't for Jesus living in me in conjunction with the power of the Holy Spirit lifting me up, I wouldn't have a chance, or should I say, have a prayer or making it through the day!

There are so very many others out there that have been diagnosed with the same disorders that I have been diagnosed with. Many, many of these people are in fact not able to work full time or even part time. Also, many have to fight just to get through the day. For those that read this that have disorders, whatever your level of disorder is, I hope I can share some encouragement and hope as I share about my daily life & struggles.

I've been so very blessed to be able to return to work full time after being sidelined for only about 3 1/2 months to acquire a diagnosis for me and to get my meds stabilized. I give full credit for this to God! God was able to work through my wonderful wife Pam to enable her to take the lead in insuring that I got the proper diagnosis and to make sure that my doctors and therapists did really see what was going on. I believe that God showed my wife what I had as every time she suggested that she was something in me, the doctors did listen intently to her and infact confirmed everything she said! Some may say it was just your wife knowing you so well. That may have been part of it, but for someone with no training whatsoever in mental disorders to get things 100% right, that had to of been from the leading of an outside source and that source was God!

Another avenue that God worked through was our wonderful church, Word of Life here in Wichita and our Pastor, Rob Rotolla. God has revealed so very much about me to Pastor Rob too. Pastor Rob is a very unique individual. Pastor Rob has built a complete ministry in our church to do nothing other then to deal with those who are having difficulties in a mental way in some sort or other. Pastor Rob even has this ministry headed by a full time pdoc staffer! This is one church where those with mental disorders don't have to worry about being stigmatize!

I've gotten a few emails over the last couple of days asking for references for churches in their area. I'm working on this. Two denominations that I know that are open to those with mental disorders are Vineyard's & Maranatha churches. I know there are more then these. I'm waiting to hear from some people. I would look for a church that has a full time counseling center. That would be your first clue that they are reaching out to those with mental disorders or difficulties. I would also look for a church that is big in to contemporary praise & worship and has a big, more youthful attendance.

Getting kind of long today & I'm getting pretty tired! That 4:15 wake up call comes pretty early!

Be Blessed!

No comments: