Sunday, August 21, 2005

Church Today & A Mood Swing

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I seem to have a down mood swing towards depression every Sunday morning. My mood swing could be could be caused by a number of things. I've thought that one of the major factors affecting my mood swings was that I work all week and then I don't get up at my normal times on Sunday morning and head off to my hectic job. It could be that my mood cycles just hit the down side on Sundays. I've finally decided it's none of these things.

Today when we were ready to head off to church I couldn't find my notebook/portfolio where I keep all of my organizational stuff plus my journal. I love to sit in church and journal as I listen to our praise team and pastor. Many, many times while I'm journaling in church God shows me things or just allows me to open my heart to God so God can come in and do some much needed work on me. Like I said, I didn't have my journal & I panicked. I had left my book in my truck at work!

My loving wife Pam came in and handed me one of the kids notebooks that we had bought them for school. This one had the three hole punch so I could pull the pages and stick them in my notebook. Once again, crisis quelled by my loving wife and incredible life partner, Pam! Off to church we go!

What a pleasant surprise we had when we arrived at church. Our wonder pastor, Pastor Rob had decided to have praise & worship for the entire service! When we got into church, once again I started to into my downward swing. But for some reason, today's down swing was different. Like I said, I started down but as the praise and worship continued I found myself doing a second 180 degree swing a I started right back up!

I really felt God moving on me. As we went deeper and deeper into praise and worship, the more filled and content I became. By the end of our church service today, I knew why I was having the downward mood swings. My downness was nothing more then the enemy attacking me every Sunday morning. The enemy does not want me to be one with Jesus, nor does the enemy want me filled with Jesus, receiving Jesus' blessing, and the healing and restoration that comes from being one with Jesus!

When I left church today I felt the best that I've felt in the better part of a year after leaving church.

In Mark 2:17 Jesus said "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

That would be me!

Be Blessed!

BIG

No comments: