Friday, August 26, 2005

Sometimes...

I wonder if the treatment is worse then the disorder.

I wonder if this is all really worth it.

I know I need my meds.

I know that my treatment is what's best for me.

I know I can't skip my meds.

I know my meds do help.

I hate the side effects of my meds.

I just hurt.

I get frustrated with mood swings.

I wonder where this all came from.

I understand what's happening.

I don't understand what's happening.

I wish I had more energy.

I would get better faster.

I was a better father.

I was a better husband.

I could handle seriousness.

I wasn't getting old quite so fast.

I didn't have these mental disorders.

I had more self control.

I had found out about my mental disorders years ago.

I could control my weight better.

I could praise God more.

I understood God more.

I knew God better.

I would pray more.

I would be filled with the Holy Spirit more.

I would read the Bible more regular.

I would share Jesus more.

I feared God more and people less.

I would do more for God.

And...

Always...

I thank God that he is control & I'm not!

BIG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott,
It is important to remember that this is going to be a process not an event. Meds take time to regulate and keeping a journal will help you Doctors help you. It is also important that you get a good counselor ASAP. This is a vital part of your treatment. It is also natural to have all these questions you would have them if you had no health problems. Try not to find a fault in the disorders, try to seperate the problem from normal life. Life is not perfect nor are we. Give yourself the same grace and mercy you give to others.

Love you,
Sis