Friday, December 19, 2008

Tis The Season For The Blues

Is it just me or is Christmas just a little less about Christ every year? I know that I’m not the first one to bring this up and if you haven’t heard it from a ton of people before I’m surprised! I know the true meaning of Christmas and for some reason I’m just not feeling it this year. I’m not trying to be a scrooge or anything but it seems every year I’m a little less excited about the holidays.

Personally I know that with me being off work at the present time and being stuck on disability until I can get healthy again it’s really weighing on me being able to get into the holiday season. I know that there is a ton of people in the same boat that I’m in this year. With the economy down and the nightly news leading off every newscast with a story of how bad of a recession we’re in or this company is shutting down or these people are getting laid off it can sure be easy to be in a foul mood this holiday season.

Fortunately for me I have an outlet. I can hop on my computer, fire up my word processor and vent about how I feel. To make it better I even have people that read every one of these blogs that I right. It’s kind of like having my very own online support group! If you’re in that group that is having a hard time this year and the holidays are getting you down don’t worry as there is help out there.

In most every community there is a Mental Health Association or some kind of public mental health institute. Look them up in the phone book. Also, many churches now have counseling centers. Here in Wichita our church, Word of Life, has its own counseling center headed up by PhD psychologist. Please feel free to give them a call if you’re anywhere close to Wichita. The number is 316-838-6200.

The Christmas holidays are the number one time of the year for depression and it is also the number one time of the year for suicides. If you know of someone that is hurting be a friend and don’t let them suffer alone! If you’re the one hurting don’t be afraid to reach out for help. If you don’t know where to turn drop me an email & I’ll be happy to try and point you in the right direction!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: