Sunday, December 14, 2008

Apology & Trust

First of all let me apologize to those of you who actually read this blog & are on my email list for an email I sent out last week about how hopeless things were for me. Come to find out God is still in control and we were not in anywhere near as much trouble as I thought that we were. All I had to do was to put my trust in God so he could get me through the tough times. I guess that maybe I just needed a little humbling!

Here’s what Matthew 6:25-34 has to say:
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?


28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

I don’t know about you but with all of the talk in the news about how big of a recession we are in and the possibility of our economy totally crumbling I was really starting to worry. I know this is wrong. Jesus just told us that in the above verses. I’ve decided rather then worrying that I’m going to trust in God just like Jesus said to do.

Tomorrow is a new day and I plan on taking full advantage of it. We as a family were blessed with a full membership to the YMCA for only $10 a month! Tomorrow I take a new step forward. We join the YMCA and I start exercising again. I start taking control of my health again. I never would have dreamed how far out of shape I could get but tomorrow we start going the other way! Tomorrow I start water aerobics like my doctor instructed.

I need to really loose at least 250 pounds & I’ve got to start somewhere. Tomorrow I take the second step. The first step was seeking help from my doctors & health care team. I did that 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I get off of my big, fat, lazy rear and put action to my words!

Please keep me & my family in prayer as I move forward, or should I say, back to health! I’ll try to weigh in tomorrow. We’ll all probably freak when we find out just how much I weigh! I figure if I post here what I’m doing then I’ll have a little more reason to succeed!

Until tomorrow…

Be Blessed!!!

Big Scott

No comments: