Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My New Year's Resolutions

I guess after my last blog I kind of left people hanging. I evaluated my New Year’s resolutions for 2008 but made no mention of my 2009 resolutions. Well here they are, pretty much the same as last year with just a little bit of change and a little addition.

1: Get closer to Jesus. Number 3 last year, number one this year! I figure if I draw closer to Jesus first of all everything else should come easier!

2: Loose weight. Number 1 last year, number 2 this year. I’ve got a bunch more weight to loose! I need to loose at least another 100 pounds this year. My long term goal is to loose a whopping 250 pounds!

3: Get my health back in order. I’m still fighting to get my diabetes in order. My chronic repspiratory failure appears to be getting better by quite a bit but I still have a ways to go there too! Thank You Jesus for the healing there!

4: Do a better job with our autistic son Andrew. As Andrew progresses into his teens he needs me to do a better job of being a father to him and guiding him. Andrew takes more attention then the rest of our kids put together times two and I just need to do a better job. Once again if I loose weight and get my health in order this will become substantially easier.

5: Share Jesus more. Number 4 last year. I really feel this one will take care of itself if I do resolutions 1 through 3. The biggest thing keeping me from sharing Jesus more is simply my health. If I can loose a bunch of weight and not become out of breath so easy I will be able to stand for a longer period of time and do a better job of sharing Jesus!

I’d love to hear your resolutions!

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: