Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Year Already???

Wow! Just like that Christmas is over already! Can you believe that 2009 is almost here? Of course we say this every year don’t we? Is it just me or does time seem to fly a little faster every year. My friend Mark Oelze brought this to my attention a few years ago when he included in a sermon one Sunday about how technology is taking up more and more of our time every year. We’ve got cell phones that are actually mini computers, IPod’s, laptops, email & so on & so forth. Mark made the point that all of this is supposed to make us more productive & give us more freedom but does it really?

It occurred to me today that with the New Year at hand it’s time to start that annual series of promises that most of us make and unfortunately most of us don’t keep, it’s time to once again to make your New Year’s Resolutions! First, before we make new resolutions we should look back at how we did with last years resolutions. How did I do on my resolutions from last year? Let’s take a look. While I grade mine here go back over yours and grade them!

1: Loose weight. Lost 30 pounds. D+ I should have lost a bunch more!

2: Get my health back in order. C+ I made a lot of progress but I’ve got a long way to go!

3: Get closer to Jesus. C+ The first 9 months I did great but I let too many things distract me that last three months of the year.

4: Share Jesus more. A- I’m pretty happy with this one. The Lord opened a bunch of doors for me to share this year & 2009 looks even better!

There’s how I did. Overall an average of C+ which is pretty good for me. How did you do?

Just remember, God wants you to succeed! God wants the best for you! Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

Be Blessed!!!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: