Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Love

I feel the Lord telling me tonight to write on my “First Love.” The NIV Study Bible defines First Love as “The love they had at first for one another and/or for Christ.” This time of year we really need to stop, examine our hearts and see just who or what our first love really is. Is your first love that little baby in the manger or is your first love making sure you get just that perfect present for everyone on your Christmas list?

I don’t know about you but I’ve already got the perfect Christmas gift. That little baby that was born in a manger a little over 2000 years ago has given me everything I’ll ever need. That little baby saved me from my sins and gave me eternal life. That little baby supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory. Paul told us in Philippians 4:19 (Amplified Bible) “And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” All I have to do is trust in him.

Who supplies all your needs? Who is your first love? If it’s not the one that was the little baby in the manger we need to talk!

Be Blessed!!!

Big Scott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post. I have just discovered your site and like it a lot.

Larry

www.hopeworkscommunity.wordpress.com