Sunday, April 16, 2006

Hell

In church tonight I felt the Lord speaking to me. As an angel instructed John to write down what he saw in the book of Revelation so I felt the Lord telling me to write down and share something that God showed me in the Spirit back in 1988. I have not shared this very often and I have never before put this in print but the Lord spoke to me tonight and told me to write and share.

Shortly after receiving my salvation in October of 1988 I had two very real and very powerful visits from God. The first of which I’ll just briefly touch on here was to empower me with the Holy Spirit and to give me guidance for the years to come for the ministry that God was calling me to. It was quite something and when God prompts me I’ll share it. But what God was telling me to share tonight was the second powerful visit I had from God via the Holy Spirit.

Most people have no conception of the real Hell. Many people have a picture of Hell as a place where all of their friends will be and it will just be one big party. Over the years I’ve lost count of the number of people I’ve shared Jesus with that have told me “All of my friends are going to be in Hell, I might as well be too.” The truth is that Hell is a very real place and if people knew what Hell is really like they would be crying out to Jesus to save them.

One night God gave me a dream, a vision if you will of what Hell is really like. This is what I saw. I will follow this with Bible verses to confirm what I am sharing here. I was awakened in my dream to see people falling. These people never stopped falling. These same people as they were falling were screaming out for two reasons. The first was because as they were falling, they were falling and tumbling through darkness so dark that no natural light could penetrate it and they were terrified. People were also screaming because of the intense, searing heat. This heat was so intense that it continually melted the skin off of their bodies.

As they were falling and screaming they had to suck in air so they could scream. But every time they sucked in air they sucked in the gaseous form of sulfuric acid from the smoke of the burning sulfur. Sulfuric acid is better known as battery acid. Every time they drew a breath of this sulfuric acid it would immediately totally consume them from the inside out in excruciating pain from the chemical burns.

I just stood there in bewilderment as countless people tumbled through the darkness. I saw that every one of these people that were tumbling by had the same fait. People were screaming in agony, having their skin melt off of their bodies all the while being burned not only from the outside but from the inside too. But after seeing all of that, God showed me something even worse.

I saw a light penetrating this darkness. This light was a direct beam. It was not deflected and it hit every person square in the face. This light was a pure white light and it was not natural in origin. I looked at the light and I immediately knew where this light came from. This light came from the Lamb of God. I was told something that to this day I can not fathom or understand. I was told that the pain that is caused by this light is due to people seeing they are separated from Jesus and is spiritual in nature. This pain is far worse then the physical pain that I described above.

I turned and walked away. The reason that I didn’t understand the separation from God is due to me not being separated from God. I know Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I was told to remember this that I was just shown. At this point I returned to my sleep. When I awake the next morning I knew that I had been shown something profound that night and that dream, that vision would play a powerful role in my life for the rest of my days.

What does the Bible have to say about Hell? Here’s three scriptures for you.

Revelation 20:10
Then the Devil, who betrayed them, was thrown into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 20:11-15 The Final Judgment
And I saw a great white throne, and I saw the one who was sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to the things written in the books, according to what they had done. The sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the grave gave up the dead in them. They were all judged according to their deeds. And death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death--the lake of fire. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Psalm 9:17 The Hebrew word for grave here is Sheol which means Hell.
The wicked will go down to the grave.
This is the fate of all the nations who ignore God.

I hope and pray that those that have read this are a little bit more moved towards Jesus. I pray that those that read this that know Jesus as their Lord and Savior will learn to trust Him more so they can share their faith. I also pray that those that read this that do not have a personal relationship with Jesus will be moved to seek Him and to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: