Saturday, April 15, 2006

Great News Network

I thought that this would be great to put up here on my blog.  The following is an introduction I wrote about me to introduce myself to others in the Great News Network.  I hope you enjoy finding out a little bit more about me and where I’m at in life.

Wow!  Am I excited to get hooked up with the Great News Network!  A little bit about me… I’m 43 & married to a wonderful wife Pam with whom God blessed me with.  We’ve got six kids, youngest 3, and one grandbaby, 5 months old.  I’m back in college full time.  I also umpire baseball full time in the spring & summer.

I was born and raised in a Christian home but I never repented of my sins & accepted Jesus as my Lord & Savior until I was 25.  I immediately went into ministry training after I got saved and took to the streets for the first time in 1991.  It was during this time that the Lord introduced me to my wife.  We were married the following year.  When we got married my wife already had two children from a previous relationship and the Lord has blessed us with four more kids.

In the mid 1990’s I got out of hand pretty bad.  I strayed away from God and thus I was not the Godly head of house that God had called me to be.  I was in bad shape spiritually, emotionally, and fiscally.  My wife had all she could take and while I was out one summer day in 1996 she loaded up the kids and fled.

Fast forward two years.  I was fighting to get my life back in order.  We both were attending the same church where we met and got married in.  The senior pastor acting in divine wisdom ordered both of us into counseling so he could have peace in his church.  To make a long story short 1 ½ in years later in December of 1999 my wife and I were remarried.  I’m not sure I’ve ever felt such a presence of the Holy Spirit as I felt that day.  I cried through the whole service!

Fast forward again too early 2005.  I knew there was something that wasn’t right with me.  I was starting to get out of control again and there was nothing I felt I could do about it.  This time I sought professional help.  After about 3 months of testing and research of my history my doctors determined that I had both Bipolar disorder and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).  With my ADHD I’m in good company with people such as Mark Lowery & Ty Pennington!

The rest of 2005 was spent finding a balance on meds for my Bipolar & ADHD.  Medically both Bipolar & ADHD have had more advances in their research and treatment in the past 5-10 years then in the past century.  Bipolar is now known to be physical in nature and is also proven to be hereditary.  I am so blessed for my doctors to have found a balance in my meds that not only allows me to function just fine but actually function most of the time at a slightly manic, energetic pace.  Jesse Duplantis ain’t got nothing on me!

Earlier this year God led me through end time prophecies in the Bible and opened my eyes to just how close to the end we really are.  Out of this was once again birthed a desire to reach and win the Lost for Jesus.  I talked about this in my blog a few days ago.  I said It’s been a long time since God has put this kind of fire in my heart and I’ve just got one thing to say about it.  IT FEELS GOOD!!!”

I caught Ray Comfort & Kirk Cameron on TBN about a month ago & I felt God speaking into my heart telling me to pay attention & dig into Ray’s teachings.  After doing some pretty serious research about Ray I found nothing but God breathed inspiration and I knew in my heart that this is where Jesus wants me.  The interesting thing is that there are already others standing with me here in Wichita with this.  We’re preparing ourselves for our first big outreach next month.  I can hardly wait!

I can’t say that I’m not nervous because I am.  In fact I’m so nervous that I lay in bed at night sometimes having to wait for the comfort of the Holy Spirit.  However I do know two things.  First, I doing God’s work and God will give me the words and the boldnest to speak.  Secondly, I am not to fear rejection for it is not I that could possibly be rejected but if someone choose to reject the Great News they are rejecting Jesus.

I’ll try to put up more as things progress!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: