Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Somebody Slap Me!

Somebody slap me and get me going!  I’ve been doing a horrible job keeping up with writing my blog!  I can sure tell it’s springtime as everything is starting to go nuts around here!  This is going to be one of those typical weekends where I won’t know if I’m coming or going and it won’t be much better for my poor wife!

Starting tomorrow night my umpiring goes into overdrive!  I’ve got either two or three games both Thursday & Friday night at two different locations.  Saturday I split five games between two different locations and Sunday I slow down with only three games.  When it’s all said and done Sunday evening I plan on just going to church, collapse, and sit there and let our pastor pour into me.  I’m sure I won’t be able to do much else!

One of my goals this year is to reach out and both minister and witness as I’m umpiring.  I hope to be available for Jesus to use me whenever and where he should so choose.  This fire that Jesus has put in my heart to witness and reach the lost is something else.  It’s been a long time since God has put this kind of fire in my heart and I’ve just got one thing to say about it.  IT FEELS GOOD!!!

I’ve been looking around for a tract to use while witnessing that cuts right to the chase.  After quite a bit of looking and not finding one God put it on my heart to publish my own.  I’m teaming up with my good friend and brother in Christ Timmy Mac to produce a first quality Gospel tract that focuses on the Ten Commandments, or at least the first six, to show people how their sin separates them from God and why God won’t let them into Heaven just because they are “A Good Person.”  It will also show that they are doomed to Hell unless they repent and accept Jesus as their Savior.  On the back of the tract it will even have a place to do that.  

We will be making these tracts available to purchase for a nominal fee to cover the printing and shipping.  Hey, if we break even we’ll be ecstatic!  We just want to get these tracts out and in to peoples hands so they have a hard hitting, attention getting tract to use.  As soon as they are ready we will have them on Ebay and hopefully in some of the local churches to start with.  After that we will just wait and see how God leads with the distribution.  A website to back up these tracts is also planned.  Stay tuned for more exciting news to come about this!

Be Blessed!

BIG SCOTT

No comments: